Information We Collect
Information You Provide Us
When you sign up to receive a newsletter, create an account, place an order through the Services, or contact us through our online contact form or call centers, we collect information from you such as:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Financial details (e.g., credit or debit card number)
- Purchase information, including lifestyle and food preferences, and shopping lists
- Personal characteristics (e.g., date of birth, gender)
- Feedback and reviews of Sage’s products
Information We Collect From Your Use of the Services
We and our third-party service providers may collect information from you as you use our Services, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to help our Services function properly.
- Using cookies: a cookie is a small data file stored by your web browser on your computer. Session cookies are erased when the user closes the web browser or browser tab. Persistent cookies remain on your hard drive until they expire or are deleted. Some cookies are necessary for our website’s functionality and enable you to place an item in your online shopping bag and to place an order on our website. Other cookies allow us to enhance and personalize your online shopping experience, so the information you receive is more relevant to you. Here are some examples of what cookies allows us to do: remember what items are in your shopping bag, recognize you when you return to our website, enable faster checkout if you have created an account with us, analyze how our customers navigate our website and which products they search for, and deliver personalized marketing from Sage. If you set your browser to refuse all cookies, please contact us directly to place your order.
- We also contract with third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf across the internet. To do this, they will collect information about your visits to our website and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements. These targeted advertisements may appear on other sites that you visit. This information is collected using a cookie or pixel tag – industry standard technology used by most websites.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified, automatically shortened and logged in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practices and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We only use shortened IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- By aggregating information: We may combine personal information with information about your online and in-store transactions and other interactions with us, including your purchases. We may also combine your personal information with information we receive from other sources, such as joint marketing partners, public databases, publicly available pages on social media platforms and other third parties. We use this information for market research purposes and to improve the quality of the Services we offer.
- Your Social Sharing: if you choose to engage in social sharing, such as by connecting your social media account to your customer account or by logging into your customer account from your social media account, the social media site may share information with us about your use of their services, including profile information, information about your contacts and content you have viewed or liked. Please refer to the social media site’s privacy settings to control how your information is shared. If you submit any personal information relating to other people.
- Through Mobil devices: When you use our websites, mobile apps and other services, we may use automated technology to collect information indicating the physical location of your device, such as GPS data, cell phone tower data, Wi-Fi signals, or your device’s IP address. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content, such as by helping you locate our stores or showing or sending you information pertaining to products or offers that are relevant to your location. You may be permitted to allow or deny such uses through your mobile device, but if you do deny them. Please check the instructions that come with your device to do so, if desired. If you turn off location services, we may not be able to provide you with a personalized user experience.
Social Media Plug-Ins
Our services use plug-ins of social networks ("plugins"). If you use a service that includes plug-ins, information can be transferred directly from your device to the social network provider. We have no influence on the data collected by the plugin. If you are logged in to the social network, a connection can be established between your user account and the use of our service. If you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking on "Like", "Follow" or "Share" or by writing a comment, this information may automatically appear in your profile on the social network. Even if you are not logged in, the plugins may still send your IP address to social networking providers.
When you connect to a social network service on a device that is also used by other people, these other users may be able to see information that is stored or displayed in connection with your profile on the Social Network Service page.
For more information about the social networking providers whose plugins are used in our services ("providers"), see below:
Controller: Facebook Ireland Limited, Hanover Reach, 5-7 Hanover Quay, 2 Dublin, Ireland ("Facebook"). For more information, see Facebook's data usage guidelines at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
Controller: YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA ("YouTube"). For more information see YouTube's privacy guidelines at https://www.youtube.com/static?template=privacy_guidelines
Controller: Instagram LLC., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA („Instagram“). For more information see Instagram's privacy policies at https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
If We Cannot Collect Your Information
If you do not allow us to collect information from you or through the Services, we may not be able to provide you with full access to the Services, products, or assistance relating to the Services. For example, we will need your personal details in order to complete and fulfill your purchase.
How We Use Your Information
We may use and disclose the information we collect from or about you for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services and fulfill your order, including by shipping products to you, or others you designate, and sending emails to you, or others you designate, to confirm your order status and shipment and to process merchandise returns.
- To notify you when an out of stock product is back in stock.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To register and manage any accounts you have with us and respond to your inquiries regarding these accounts.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase or other requests, including processing your payment, communicating with you regarding your purchase, and providing you with customer service related to your purchase or purchased products.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may potentially be of interest to you, if you are an existing customer or if you have subscribed to our newsletter.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you or that may potentially be of interest to you, consistent with your choices.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities.
- For our business purposes and the business purposes of our partners and third party service providers, such as, without limitation, troubleshooting data analysis, audits, security, fraud monitoring and prevention; developing new products; enhancing, improving, or modifying our Services; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns; collaborating with our partners, responding to customer service enquiries; and operating and expanding business or future activities.
How We Share Your Information
Your information may be disclosed:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, fraud protection, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To our third- party analytic services such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics who analyze and report trends and other relevant marketing data.
- To third party sponsors involved in the processing of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions, consistent with your choices.
- To third party advertising companies who perform functions on our behalf such as serving advertisements regarding goods and services (see the “Third Party Advertisers” section, below).
- To a third party in the event of any proposed or effected reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings). If any such event occurs, that third party may assume all of our rights to collect, use, share, or otherwise dispose of your information.
We may use and disclose information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
Third Party Services
Third Party Advertisers
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may potentially be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services. These advertisements may be based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites or online services. To serve these advertisements, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags), if you consented to that when visiting our website for the first time. If you would like more information about this practice generally, and to learn about your choices with respect to these third parties, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices and http://www.aboutads.info/.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe the security of your account has been compromised, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Your Choices and Access
From time to time, we send e-mail messages to our users. If you would prefer not to receive such messages, we provide users choices regarding receiving certain communications from us and our partners.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you or with other promotional information with your consent. If you do not wish to receive this promotional information by e-mail then please unsubscribe via the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing-related emails we send you. If you are a new customer, we will send you promotional information by electronic means only if you have consented to it.
- We only permit members of our group of companies to contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this. If you previously consented, but no longer wish to receive this promotional information, please unsubscribe via the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing-related emails we send you.
Note that even if you “unsubscribe,” you may still receive certain administrative communications from us, such as emails confirming that we have received or shipped your order, or emails regarding certain changes to our terms, conditions, or policies.
Your Data Protection Rights
If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time. In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us at email@example.com.
Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here (https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en).
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Use of Services by Minors
Sage is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the collection, storage and use of personal information of Minors under the age of 13.
Except as noted below: (i) our products and services are marketed for and directed towards purchase by adults or with the consent of adults; (ii) Individuals under the age of 18 ("Minors") are not permitted to use Sage Websites or Apps without the supervision of a parent or legal guardian; (iii) we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an online account or to post personal information on the Sage Websites; and (iv) should we learn that someone under the age of 13 has provided any personal information to or on any of the Sage Websites, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
If you are a parent or guardian who believes that your Minor under the age of 13 has submitted personal information or other information to us without your consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we verify that you are the parent or legal guardian, at your request, we will promptly provide to you information regarding what, if any, personal information we have collected about your child and how it has been used or shared. We will, at your request, remove personal information about your child from its database and instruct our affiliates and third party partners to do the same.
If you are a Minor under the age of 18, you may request and obtain removal of certain content or information posted on Sage Websites and Apps by sending an email to email@example.com with “Privacy Rights for Minors” in the subject line. Please be advised that our removal of your post(s) does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted on Sage Websites or Apps.
Your information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), we have taken measures to comply with EEA data transfer restrictions such as implementing a legal mechanism to lawfully transfer your Personal Information between the EEA and non-EEA countries, such as the United States and Australia.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.
This statement summarises Breville’s policies regarding personal information that may be collected or submitted to us through the Breville website of www.breville.com.au (“Site”) or via any other means of collection.
Your privacy is important to Breville
We acknowledge that you have the right to control how your personal information is collected and used.
The type of information that may be collected or submitted to Breville or Breville Group Limited (BRG) includes:
- your name, current addresses, age group, email address, telephone/mobile phone number and fax number;
- information about your visit to the Site, which includes the date and time of your visit, the pages accessed and the documents retrieved;
- the type of browser used when you visit our Site, and
- any personal correspondence, which includes emails (“Personal Information”).
Other information you provide is not required by us but may assist with responding to your request more effectively.
Why do we collect personal information?
Breville offers various products and services to our customers and also strives to meet the needs of our customers with after sales services and improved product performance.
To do this effectively, we need to collect certain Personal Information.
The personal information we collect from you
All Personal Information we collect from you requires your consent, for example, opening an account, supplying a service, purchase and delivery of products, special offers and after sales services. We may request your consent from time to time to take part in improved product performance or for marketing purposes that we think will be useful to you. However, unless you are informed otherwise, the Personal Information we hold is for establishing and managing our business and customer relationship with you. Sensitive information is subject to greater restrictions and governed by law.
By communicating with Breville, including by email and by completing online forms, you are giving your consent to the collection of what Personal Information you provide.
You have the right to anonymity and do not have to supply us with information, however if you choose not to provide the information and we need to fulfil your request for a specific product or service, we may be unable to provide you with that requested product or service.
Keeping a record of Personal Information
Depending on the product or service you have acquired, it may be necessary to keep a record of the transaction for business purposes or to enable us to respond to your concerns.
We may hold personal information for the following purposes:
- Internal accounting and administration;
- To supply you with information about your account including regular statements;
- To respond to inquiries;
- Enhancing customer service, product options and to improved product performance;
- Promotions, competition entry forms, redemption vouchers and special offers where you have voluntarily supplied your personal details;
- To administer warranty claims and sales records;
- To inform you about updates or changes to the product or service you have acquired;
- To provide information about us, our products, services and special offers; and
- To analyse our website usage.
Occasionally we require organisations outside Breville to provide a service for purposes, which are necessary for us to conduct our business, functions and activities (for example advertising names of competition winners and delivering products). We take all steps to ensure these organisations both inside and outside of Australia deal with personal information according to this policy.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
Although Breville and BRG uses industry standard practices to protect your Personal Information, due to technical limitations, we cannot guarantee and ensure that all of your private communications and other Personal Information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Privacy Statement. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information or private communications will always remain private. Having said that, as a matter of policy, we NEVER sell or rent any Personal Information about you to any third party.
- The following describes some of the ways that your Personal Information may be disclosed and you expressly agree that your Personal Information may be disclosed by Breville or BRG in the following ways:
Advertisers: We may internally gather up data across all of our Site’s visitors and keep a record of your usage habits. As a result, we may disclose some limited, non specific Personal Information to third parties for marketing and promotional purposes. However, in these situations, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally. Certain information, such as your name, email address, address, and telephone number are NEVER disclosed to advertisers.
- Cookies: When you visit our Site, our server may attach a small data file known as a "cookie" to your hard drive. This enables us to analyse usage patterns on our Site in order to tailor it to our users' needs. Cookies are safe and cannot be used to deliver a virus. Cookies only identify your computer to our servers when you visit our Site. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. If you do not wish to accept cookies, you can refuse the transfer of cookies to your computer's hard drive by adjusting your internet browser.
- Legal Requests: Breville or BRG may lawfully disclose your Personal Information for law enforcement or regulatory purposes. We can (and you authorise us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other governmental officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary, appropriate or as otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), in connection with an investigation of any activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
How we manage your personal information
You may have contact with us personally, by telephone, mail, over the internet or other electronic medium. We take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure in a combination of secure computer storage, hard copy files and other records. We take steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. You have the right to access the personal information you have provided to us. If you require details of your personal information held by us, we will need to verify your identity before meeting your request, which we will process in a reasonable time. If you find that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date then we will promptly correct it.
When your personal information is no longer needed, we will remove any personal identifiers or we will ensure the secure destruction of the records.
As far as permissible under law, Breville accepts no responsibility for the unauthorised access of personal information held by Breville.
Changes to our privacy statement
From time to time in may be necessary for us to review and revise our privacy statement. We reserve the right to change our privacy statement at any time and to notify you by publishing an updated version of the policy on the Breville website at www.breville.com.au.
How to contact us if you have a problem or complaint
If you have any queries in relation to this policy or its administration or if you would like more details of the type of personal information Breville holds, for what purposes, and how we collect, hold, use and disclose that information, please contact Breville at Building 2, Port Air Industrial Estate, 1A Hale Street, Botany, NSW, 2019, Tel 1300 139 798